Australian Tourist Visa - ETA Short Stay
The Electronic Travel Authority for Australian Tourist Visas is the most advanced and streamlined visa authorisation system in the world.
The ETA removes the need for visa labels, stamps and application forms.
The Australian ETA is an electronically stored authorisation for travel to Australia, meaning you don't need paper documentation or a stamp in your passport.
Apply online for your Australian ETA Tourist Visa
How do I apply for an instant ETA Visa?
- Complete the Online Application.
- Enter travel information and passport details for each traveller.
- After payment, your application is processed instantly and linked to your passport number.
- Your ETA status is confirmed by email within a few minutes.
Apply instantly for your ETA Tourist Visa
What are the benefits of an ETA Visa?
An ETA Tourist Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted.
Get your ETA Tourist Visa here
- The ETA differs from traditional visas in that there are no application forms to fill in and no visa label or stamp in the passport.
- The ETA is available to passport holders from Australian Government specified countries and regions. To apply for an ETA (Visitor), you must be outside Australia and hold a passport issued by an ETA-eligible country or region (see below for the full list).
- You must apply for your ETA with the passport and passport number you will be travelling to Australia with; the visa is linked to this number. If your passport is lost/stolen or replaced before you travel to Australia, you will be required to re-apply for an ETA visa.
Am I eligible for an ETA Visa?
There are more than 30 countries that are able to access Australia's Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) issuing system online:
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- The Netherlands
- Republic of San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (British Citizen)
- United Kingdom (Overseas)**
- Vatican City
Apply Here for an Australian Tourist Visa (ETA)
* Holders of Taiwan passports can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Taiwan. We regret that we are unable to offer the online ETA application service for Taiwanese passport holders on this website. Applications can be lodged with an approved ETA Travel Agent in Taiwan or Australian Visa Services office in Taipei.
** Holders of UK passports which indicate their nationality to be British National (Overseas) can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Hong Kong.
Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties.
- You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable;
- You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months;
- If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies;
- You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia;
- The holder must depart within the validity of the Visitor Visa (ETA); AND
- If arriving on an ETA with criminal convictions, you could be refused entry into Australia.
Note: If you have had any criminal convictions in any country, you may wish to consider applying for a Tourist visa (subclass 676), rather than an ETA.
Apply here for an ETA Tourist Visa
Need help deciding which visa you need?
Still confused about which travel visa you require for your trip to Australia? Use our fast, easy online travel visa advisor on our desktop site to find out exactly which visas you are eligible for when travelling to Australia.